Over the past few years I’ve made a few tutorials regarding methods of how to block Spotify ads. Sadly these tutorials are no longer relevant because Spotify have patched them out. – I have found a new method for blocking Spotify ads and stopping automatic updates in 2019.
BLOCK SPOTIFY ADS – WORKING METHOD 2019
You most likely wont get your Spotify account banned from doing this. But without using a VPN you are taking a massive risk. Protect yourself using “Spider VPN” and encrypt all your browsing data. Spider VPN are my personal choice in VPN because they have fast servers all around the world and provide 24/7 support.
HOT OFFER!!! 🔥🔥 GET A FREE DUAL-BAND VPN ROUTER WHEN YOU SIGN UP TO ANY PACKAGE!!!
Before we get started. If you’ve previously used “BlockTheSpot” in the past, please make sure you uninstall it. – If you’ve previously tried to block Spotify ads using your host file, also remove those. We need to start fresh.
- Download and install the latest version of Spotify on your PC. Don’t open it. Just make sure its installed on your system.
- Open your start menu and type “CMD“. Right click on “Command Prompt” and select “Run as Administrator“. This is an important step.
- Copy and paste the following four commands into “Command Prompt“, one by one. Make sure you press enter to confirm each command after you’ve pasted it in.
icacls “%localappdata%\Spotify\Update” /reset /T
del /s /q “%localappdata%\Spotify\Update”
icacls “%localappdata%\Spotify\Update” /deny “%username%”:W
The following commands will deny “writing” permission to the Spotify update folder. This means that if we install an older version of Spotify, it wont be able to automatically update.
(If you get any errors after entering in one of the commands, that’s fine. Just make sure you’ve at least attempted to enter all four.)
- Uninstall Spotify completely from your PC. You can do this by opening “My Computer” and selecting “Uninstall or Change a Program” from the top menu.
- Download and install an older version of Spotify. You can install version “22.214.171.124” or anything below. These older versions of Spotify are all pre-patch. – Download link will be provided below. (If Spotify opens once you’re done installing it. Close it completely.)
- Finally install BlockTheSpot. This tool will block ads on Spotify completely. – Download the “netutils.dll” file and place it in the root directory of Spotify. You can find the root directory by opening your start menu and typing “Run“. Select the Run app and type “%APPDATA%/Spotify“. Copy and paste the file inside there. (If Chrome or your anit-virus says that netutils.dll is harmful or a virus, ignore it. This is just a false-positive.)
Things you will need
Donate ❤️❤️Everything I do on YouTube is free. If you want to show some love and support for what I do then please consider donating.