Happy new year everyone, I hope you all have a really fab holiday period. Today I found a really neat little addon for Kodi that I thought I’d share with you all called Echo Wizard. Most people think that buffering only occurs when a slow internet connection is involved and although that’s true.. Its not the only reason. Buffering can be broken down into 3 different parts:
- Slow internet connection
- Poor file hosting servers
- The device you’re running Kodi on is old
However there are different manual tweaks you can do within the Kodi settings to improve your chances of lag and buffering when streaming movies. This process can become a bit complicating, especially for people who aren’t tech-savvy. There’s where the Echo Wizard maintenance addon comes in handy. Echo Wizard if full of different tools that you can use to get a better Kodi experience and I could go on for hours and hours about what it can do. However that’s a video/tutorial for a different day, in this tutorial we are going to stick to the topic of fixing buffering. Echo Wizard is a simple on click, automated addon that will do all the complicating things for you. All you have to do is install the addon and select which kind of device you’re running Kodi on. This should then fix buffering in Kodi for different third-party addons such as Genesis and Exodus etc..
Please keep in mind this might NOT work for you. It depends on a lot of different factors. For example if you have a slow internet connection then this addon wont magically fix that.
Settings explained in more detail:
- 1GB of RAM or more Devices – Select this option if you’re using a PC or Laptop to run Kodi.
- Amazon Fire Stick – If you have purchased a fire stick from Amazon to run Kodi then you will select this as your device.
- 0 Cache Option – Don’t worry about this.
- Amazon Fire TV – If you have purchased a fire TV stick from Amazon to run Kodi then you will select this option. You can ALSO select this option if you are using an Android set-top box BECAUSE they both have similar amounts of memory.
- 512MB of RAM Devices – This is for older devices or small devices such as smart phones. If you’re running Kodi on a mobile device then select this option.
- Nvidia Shield – If you’re using an Nvidia shield to run Kodi then select this option.
Unfortunately this addon wont work when it comes to fixing buffering for IPTV and I’ll explain why. A lot of free IPTV addons for Kodi use small servers and even if you have the fastest internet connection in the world it will still lag because they are being over populated. Think of it like this; There is a house and the house is open for anyone to enter and live inside, after awhile the house fills up and runs out of bedrooms for everyone but more and more people are still trying to enter. This is the best way to describe free kodi addons.
Things you will need:
Everything I do on YouTube is free. If you want to show some love and support for what I do then please donate. – https://goo.gl/HusFhs